Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bonnie's Invitation Sample 2


This is the second milagro (Bonnie sent me three different styles), used in the design of this invitation.
This heart milagro is silver looking with slight etchings. I really like the size of this milagro better than the first.  And I also like the silver better.  The bronze looks a bit rustic to me.  Well, I realize they are rustic-and that is part of the charm, but, I like the silver better with the dark navy ink.  Looks cleaner.  Notice on this sample I did not add the scrolly design, and the milagro is attached in between Bonnie and Andrew's names. The milagro is sewn on to the card stock here again.

I found two colors of mercerized cotton quilting thread that I liked to sew the milgros onto the card stock.  This thread is super skinny and has a very nice look.  I really wanted silk thread, but could not find the correct color.  I'm very pleased with this thread though, and have decided the creme color looks best on the card stock.  It blends into the invitation color, so instead of adding another element, it simply fades away.





This is a longer view of this sample.  Notice the dots are included at the bottom underneath the reception location name.  On the back of this invitation I would not add the dots under Bonnie & Andrew's names.  Too many dots.
C








Here is the third heart milagro I received from Bonnie to use in the design of her ceremony invitation.  I decided against using this milagro though, because it is about 1.25" long, and that takes up too much vertical space on the invitation.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment