Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bonnie's Wedding Invitation

Bonnie & Andrew's Wedding Ceremony Invitation has a Milagro included as a key design element.   Milagro is a Spanish word that translates into the word "miracle."  They are tiny personal charms that are a reminder of the miracles we would like to see happen, or the miracles that have already occurred in our lives.
Figuring out a way to include these milagros in the invitation design has been a bit of a challenge.  But one that I have truly enjoyed.  Here are the photos of three designs I like the best with a description of the process.



In this first sample I've used the bronze colored heart milagro that Bonnie sent to help me with the design of her invitation.  I've positioned it directly under her and Andrew's names, and before the event information.  I like the position.  Also, in reviewing artwork and information about milagros to prepare to make this invitation, I fell in love with the heart milagros that had angel wings on either side, but felt like literal "wings" may be too much.  So, I worked on a scrolly design that would work back with Bonnie's Save the Dates.  This design is different, but has the same overall feeling -plus I like that it does remind you of the shape of angel wings.  Of course, all is unified through color.



This is a longer view of Bonnie's Ceremony Invitation.  Notice that the only design element on this invitation is the Milagro.








This is the backside of Bonnie's invitation.  The milagro is attached with quilting thread - I just sewed it on the card stock by hand.  I think people who receive this invitation will be curious and turn the card over, so here is an explanation of Bonnie & Andrew's heart milgro for the curious.
Notice the three dots underneath Bonnie and Andrew's names.  I originally had the dots on the front of the invitation, but they really do not work with this design.  They show back up in the next sample.
C

1 comment:

  1. That’s such a sweet invite! I am also making invites for my best friend’s wedding. I know it’s going to take a lot of time but I want to do this for her. Her wedding is by the end of this year in a beautiful event space Atlanta and I know I have a lot of time for this.

    ReplyDelete